Thursday, October 30, 2008

Retainers

For those of you who were lucky enough to have braces and then get a removable retainer this is for you! 
 Just imagine your eating lunch in the school cafeteria, you finish and you throw away your retainer, yes I said throw it away, you continue your day not realizing what you have done until you get home, and your mom asks where it is. Can you guess what mom said..... you got it "Geoff your going dumpster diving for your retainer" being the person I am, I couldn't let him do it by himself as it would NEVER have been done.  So I grabbed two pairs of industrial strength up to your elbow rubber gloves and went to help find it. After going through about 15 BIG black trash bags full of nasty half eaten lunches and milk cartons galore, I know..EEEW, Geoff found his retainer.

7 comments:

Family of 6........FINALLY!! said...

That is so utterly grossing me out right now! Some advice for Geoff: Put your retainer in your pocket!
P.S. I do so hope you cleaned that thing out till it shined so much you couldn't look at it!
UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheri said...

It's making me gag...but soo happy you found it. Way to be a great, amazing mom and help him out!

Quicksilvas said...

Wow

Walt and Joyce said...

Way to go Lisa, I knew if anyone could find it, it would be you. You have persistence!

Emily and Mike said...

Yuck, I hope you did a lot of disinfecting with that. Although, I would rather just throw it away and start over with a new one. You are brave.

Anonymous said...

SSSSSICK! How do you sanitize it after something like that? Are they expensive to replace? I had one in Jr. High but, thankfully never lost it.

Karen said...

Todd did this on the airplane when they used to serve food. Needless to say we did not go back and find it. Just started with a new one. I don't think I would be brave enough to go through the garbage.

Aunt Karen